Saturday, January 3, 2009

Coke Floats

I have decided that life in Laos is too interesting for me to not record it somehow. And how better to capture these moments than to post them on Facebook.

This is actually an experience that happened to me in Thailand, not Laos when I was in Chiang Mai for school.

Me (walking into Burger King): Can I have a Coke float?

Employee: Ok, that is 50 baht.

Me: I don't want ice in the Coke float though, no ice.

Employee (with a look of terror in her eyes): Ummmm, just minute.
(She leaves to talk with her manager, then returns): We don't have Coke floats without ice.

Me: What? You don't have them?

Employee: We don't have.

Me: But how could you not have it? Its the absence of something.

Employee: We don't have.

Mirinda: Just take the ice Doug.

Me: Ok, whatever.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment